40+5

I had my appointment with the consultant this afternoon and it didn't really go how I wanted it to. In my head she was going to say 'here is a pill, take it and when you wake up it'll all be over. Your baby will be fine and you'll be in no pain.' That didn't happen.

She checked the baby - fine. She offered to do a membrane sweep (I was hoping she would) and I quickly accepted. I took deep breaths whilst she went about her business but because my cervix was so tightly closed it was unsuccessful. Cue major pain and a funny turn that nearly resulted in passing out. I wanted to cry very hard, this is not what was supposed to happen. She measured my swollen ankle and sent me for a scan to rule out DVT. That was ruled out and then I had to go back to see her with the results.

I am booked in for my induction next Friday. I'll have a baby by Monday (If she doesn't come on her own before then) and it'll all be over. Meanwhile I'm in a lot of pain. Being prodded and poked isn't very nice anyway but when you have achey bones it's even worse. I'm going to have to go and have a cry now and eat a big bar of chocolate.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy that bar of chocolate! Make it a big one and have some ice cream whilst you're at it :)

    I really hope I don't go over, in France they won't induce me until 10 days after my due date and the due date here is 41 weeks!!!

    Good luck and I look forward to reading some positive news soon *FINGERS CROSSED*

    ReplyDelete
  2. But your day of release is nigh! Rejoice my love for soon a mama you will be.
    ..and wetting the babys head isn't just for the guys anymore *nudge nudge* *huge grin*
    Enjoy the chocolate and let the good news sink in xx

    ReplyDelete