MAMA SPONSOR: KIM, THE SMALL THINGS

Wanna learn a bit more about one of our sponsors?


OCCUPATION Currently a full time nappy changer, dribble mopper and expert “boo boo” sound maker. I’m currently working on adding “Dressmaker” to that list because there are only so many boo boo noises a woman can make sober.

WHAT DID YOUR LIFE CONSIST OF BEFORE YOU BECAME A MAMA?

Time, sleep, more money, a flat stomach, better wardrobe and the ability to finish a coffee while it’s still hot!

HOW HAS BECOMING A MOTHER MADE YOU A BETTER PERSON?

I guess I don’t sweat the small stuff nearly as much as I used to. A lot of things seem so trivial now. If the husband leaves his dirty underwear lying around for the second day in a row, I’ll either throw it in his general direction or just kick it behind the door.

ASIDE FROM CONCEALER, WHAT CANT YOU LIVE WITHOUT NOW YOU HAVE A CHILD?

My phone. Picture taking, Twitter and iBaby updating, blog reading, checking the weather and of course, Instagraming. These things get me through the day.

WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE A FIRST TIME MUM?

Ok I have to be honest, this is not my own. I read it somewhere recently and thought it was the best piece of advice I’d heard. Ever.
“Enjoy it. Remember, you set the tone for the relationship so have fun”.
It’s so simple, but it was a good reminder to stop worrying and just enjoy this time with my daughter while she’s still little. Blowing spit bubbles at each other is our new favourite game and I make sure we do it regularly!

HOW HAS YOUR WARDROBE CHANGED SINCE HAVING A BABY?

It hasn’t. Not. One. Bit. At the moment my wardrobe consists of anything that stretches. They usually have holes/bobbles/stains. My old maternity clothes if I’m being really honest here. I’m a tramp basically. To make it worse my pre-pregnancy skinny jeans, strappy dresses and clingy t-shirts sit unworn and untouched in the wardrobe. When I open the doors I can hear them whispering to me. “Why you no wear us no more eh? Why you wear knackered spandex with hole in crotch?” I don’t know why my clothes have Italian accents. Annnyway. I’m in the process of building up a new wardrobe which will include making some of my own clothes. It’s going well so far and will be blogged about in the hopefully not too distant future. Oh, and these clothes will speak in a sexy French accent. Oh yes.

CAKE OR BISCUITS?

Cake! No biscuits! Cake! Biscuits! *Grabs them both and runs away*

WHAT OR WHO INSPIRES YOU?

The countryside. Music. Blogs. Festivals. I get inspiration from all of these things and also anyone who has the courage to live their life in a way that makes them truly happy. Even if this means being constantly skint, going without certain things or just generally turning their backs on what society deems to be ‘the norm’.
Those people rock my socks. When I grow up, I want to be just like them.

DO YOU HAVE ANY SECRETS OR TIPS TO MAKING MOTHERHOOD THAT BIT EASIER?

Just remember that as long as you show your children love, the rest will take care of itself.
At the end of the day, it really is that simple.

You can find Kim on Twitter.

This woman is one of my favourite people on Twitter, she never fails to make me smile. Go check her out, go on.... I guarantee she'll make you laugh too.

1 comment:

  1. Duuuude! I'm glad I make you smile. I'm doing a smile right now. :D

    THANK YOU!!!

    XXXXX

    ReplyDelete