MAMA SPONSOR: ROSIE JANSEN OF TRIBE BAGS


Tribe Bags was launched in July 2011, just after I'd bought a new baby bag. But, as somebody pointed out to me, nobody needs to know it's a baby bag you're walking around with because let's face it....they're pretty stylish bags (as seen on the arms of the likes of Katherine Heigl and Denise Richards).

My favourite is the Singapore Sling (not the cocktail). These are such beautifully crafted leather bags and make for a little everyday Mama luxury. Because we deserve it, non?

Here is founder and owner Rosie Jansen on Motherhood...



NAME Rosie Jansen

OCCUPATION

Founder and Owner of Tribe – The Ultimate Breed of Baby Bag (www.tribebags.com) and ‘Best Changing Bag’ winner in Junior Design Awards 2012.

WHAT DID YOUR LIFE CONSIST OF BEFORE YOU BECAME A MAMA? 

Things were certainly very different from what they’re like now. I was a practising banking lawyer for 10 years and worked in a very demanding industry – the hours were long and the work was mentally draining. I had very little time for anything other than work. 18 months before having my son, I decided to establish Tribe as a dedicated luxury changing bag brand. Since then I’ve worked extremely hard in establishing the brand but I’m grateful to have had flexibility with my working hours. Balancing work and motherhood does have its challenges but, having said that, I’m in very good place right now and am very happy.

HOW HAS BECOMING A MOTHER MADE YOU A BETTER PERSON? 

Becoming a parent definitely gives you the incentive to want to become a better person. It’s work-in-progress for me as I think becoming a better person is an on-going journey.

ASIDE FROM CONCEALER, WHAT CAN’T YOU LIVE WITHOUT NOW YOU HAVE A CHILD?

Eye cream is a must. I never used it before becoming a mum and I now really wish I did because I think I wouldn’t look so old if I had started using it earlier. I’m currently using Estee Lauder’s Advanced Night Repair and am always on the look out for great eye creams!

WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE A FIRST TIME MUM?

Trust your instincts. Motherhood is hard enough without second-guessing ourselves all the time.

HOW HAS YOUR WARDROBE CHANGED SINCE HAVING A BABY?

I don’t wear high heels and my favourite wedges as often as I once did, but I now have a growing collection of ballet slippers in my wardrobe. Can never have enough!

CAKE OR BISCUITS?

Cake. I eat cake about four to five times a week. It’s the one big vice I have.

WHAT OR WHO INSPIRES YOU?

My mum is an incredible person. She’s strong, independent, highly-accomplished, caring and resilient. Now that I’m a mum, I’ve grown to appreciate how lucky I’ve been to have such a positive role model in my life. Thanks mum!

DO YOU HAVE ANY SECRETS OR TIPS TO MAKING MOTHERHOOD THAT BIT EASIER?

Sleep is really important so I try to maximise it whenever I have the opportunity because I never know when my son is going to fall ill or have an interrupted sleep. I think all parents would agree that sleep deprivation is one of the hardest aspects of parenting, so sleep when you can! 

You can follow Tribe Bags on Twitter and Like them on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment