MEET MY BEAUTY GURU.

When I realised I'd made a new mate on Twitter who was a beauty guru and a Mum, I sighed a sigh of relief. I'm not really in to make up, 'in to' being that I can rarely be arsed to put make up on. I'm not really that good at it either. And spending hours hunting down beauty products to help my tired, dry Mum skin is LONG. Yuh know? I've asked my new beauty guru lots of questions in the past and she'd better prepare herself for a load more, especially as Summer appears to have arrived. I wouldn't even know where to begin with summer beauty...

I asked her a few questions about it all (beauty and that).

1. Name, occupation.

Bianca Presto, Beauty PR Director.

2. Why beauty?

B: Very early on in my career someone said to me; "it's only a lipstick, we're not changing the world for god sakes, just making it a prettier place" and as shallow as that may sound, it made me think about my work in a whole different way. I'm proud of what I do and love my job but it’s easy to get caught up in the stresses of life and work so I try not to sweat the small stuff. Besides, worrying will only give you wrinkles (and piles!).

3. How has having a baby changed your daily beauty routine?

B: For one thing I don't have the time for myself that I used to, so I've learnt to be a lot more strategic with my beauty routine and cut corners without compromising on results. Without fail, every 6 weeks I have my eyebrows threaded and lashes tinted at Blink so I don't feel like a complete monster if I have to run out the door sans makeup.


Bianca and daughter Ren. Bloody gorgeous.


4. What lotion/potion can you not live without?

B: My latest beauty obsession is the new No. 28 Primer Serum by Hourglass. It’s an ultra-hydrating primer and serum combination that preps the skin for flawless makeup. It’s also water-resistant and can even be applied to hair to seal split ends.  

5. One product you'd recommend to all new Mums...

B: Invest in a good tinted moisturiser with SPF. I love Dior Hydra Life Pro-Youth Skin Tint.

6. Beauty tip for tired Mums?

B: Buy Liz Earle Eyebright Soothing Eye Lotion by the bucket load! I went through litres of this soothing herbal lotion when my daughter was born and every morning it's the first thing I apply to my tired eyes. Keep it in the fridge for a real 'eye-opening' pick me up in the morning

7. What's your favourite skincare brand and why?

B: That's like asking a kid to choose 1 toy! I've been lucky enough to work with some of the best beauty brands in the world and by the nature of my job get to try loads of products so have become a bit of a brand whore. However, through the years I have remained loyal to certain products from Liz Earle and bliss.

8. If you were let loose in Selfridges beauty hall (supermarket sweep stylee), what would you grab first?

B: The new YSL Le Teint Touche Éclat Foundation. I'm such a geek when it comes to new beauty products and cannot wait to get my hands on it.

9. Top tip for summer beauty...

B: Keep it light, keep it simple and if you do one thing this season find your perfect bright lip. It instantly cheers me up and I'll be sporting an orange-red lip all summer

10. Share a beauty secret...

B: Don’t bother with eyebrow gels, a spritz of hairspray on your brow brush will keep them in place and if you ever forget your blush, use lipstick on your cheeks instead!

Anything else you want to add to help mothers who don't get much sleep stay beautiful (aside from mojitos and valium)....?

B: Don't have kids!! Joking aside it's so important that you make time for yourself to do things that you enjoy and that are important to you. It's so easy to become consumed by motherhood but never forget we were cool and interesting women before and the only thing that's changed since we gave birth, is we became fucking superheroes.

You can follow Bianca on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment