Little Wolff

It's lovely to know that people on the other side of the world read this blog, it really makes me smile. So when Lila got in contact, I was so happy - a reader from Australia, a part of the world I wish I could disappear to, marvellous!

Lila is a study at home Mama (Architecture) with three children (wow - amazing) aged 20 months, 13 and 17 years who, with her husband, is renovating their run down house with their own hands (wow, wow, wow - super Mama!), Her blog, Little Wolff, is about art, motherhood, renovation, gratitude and occasionally she rants about the things that get under her skin. It's such a lovely blog and it's interesting to read how other mothers across the globe do things.



I asked Lila a few questions and she gave me some pretty good answers but you can read all about her little pack and more here.


NAME    Lila Wolff

OCCUPATION Architecture Undergrad / Mama

COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE Australia

WHAT DID YOUR LIFE CONSIST OF BEFORE YOU BECAME A MAMA? 
I first became a mama at 17 so school and a lot of stupid teenage stuff like moving 330 kilometres with only a backpack full of stuff, getting pregnant and moving back home.

HOW HAS BECOMING A MOTHER MADE YOU A BETTER PERSON?
It definitely made me stop and think before doing things; I also feel that being a mother at different ages has taught me different lessons.  I’ve written about what I’ve learnt so far here for anyone interested.

ASIDE FROM CONCEALER, WHAT CANT YOU LIVE WITHOUT NOW YOU HAVE CHILDREN?
The love and support of good friends, if I didn’t have the sympathetic ear of my best friend there are times where the exhaustion and stress of being a mama would have been too much to bear. It’s so important not to let motherhood isolate us.

WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE A FIRST TIME MUM?
Follow your instincts – if you have them, it’s okay if you don’t, this whole parenting thing is not natural for everyone. If you’re not sure what to do seek out people who you know have raised good people and ask for their advice. It isn’t weak to need or ask for help. 

HOW HAS YOUR WARDROBE CHANGED SINCE HAVING CHILDREN?
It’s a lot more haphazard and a lot less expensive! I keep hoping I’ll manage to look put together again one day but for now there are other priorities like our renovation. Unless of course the fashion fairy comes along to sort me out sooner, I can dream right?

CAKE OR BISCUITS?
Yes Please! I’m really not fussy when it comes to eating cake or biscuits I like both a LOT.

WHAT OR WHO INSPIRES YOU?
My husband, who completed his law degree in three years and became one of the country’s youngest lawyers at 22, and has won his first Supreme Court case in the beginning of his second year of practice.
Dame Zaha Hadid, her architecture and achievements give me hope for my future career.
People who are living what they love, or at least trying to.

DO YOU HAVE ANY SECRETS OR TIPS TO MAKING MOTHERHOOD THAT BIT EASIER?
When that why phase is driving you nuts (and unless you’re a saint it will) try to go with it and use it as the jumping off point to teach your children to think critically. It might not seem like it but if you teach them to think this way you will have a much easier time when they are teenagers because they won’t let others do their thinking for them.
Don’t sacrifice yourself. It doesn’t do you or your children any favours if you always put yourself last.  If you don’t give yourself space and time for you as a person you’ll end up burnt out and sad and possibly worse you’ll set the example for your children to undervalue their own needs when they grow up. If you devote some time to yourself you can recharge which makes it easier to parent.

Lila is on Twitter 

No comments:

Post a Comment