A perfect time.

The week before last I thought I was going to have a mental breakdown. That isn't an exaggeration, it's a fact. Lil's illness almost pushed me over the edge and I think I was pretty close anyway. That bastard black hole opened up again and I felt I was losing control.Anyway, It was perfect timing then that we had a break planned and it was pretty lucky that Lil had recovered by then.

So we effed off to the countryside for a week, Barlow in Derbyshire to be exact. And sweet Jesus was it a welcome relief.

Our Neigh-bour. Sorry.

Our back garden.

Sarah and duck QUACK - Lil is PETRIFIED of ducks



This kid got her appetite BACK



Excited about her first time on a steam train. Lasted three minutes.








We had such a lovely time, I haven't seen Lil as happy as she was this past week. And I haven't felt as happy as I was on this trip, not in a long time. Instant relief washed over me as soon as we arrived and I felt as though I was a million miles away from any drama or negativity. And I didn't feel anxious, not once. Ok that's a lie. But my only anxiety was about the massive fucking spiders I kept seeing in the cottage. Other than that though, I had a perfect time in my perfect place. And now I'm not there anymore? I can feel my heart pounding inside my chest and a huge sense of dread. So now what? Well, I guess you should watch this space...


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Glad you had a relaxing g break

    Kate x
    Just Pirouette and Carry On...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It obviously suits you better in the country! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hopped on over here as a bunch of people clicked from your site to mine on Friday - no idea why! But while I'm here... I'm sorry you're so anxious. It's the worse feeling in the world. Maybe you should print these gorgeous pictures to window size and stick them up in your windows so a) you can pretend you are still there and b) you don't have to clean your windows (can't say I've ever cleaned mine but I assume other people do). Ok, shit idea but :( take care xxx

    ReplyDelete