My friend Alice.


Twitter is a wonderful place isn't it? I first came across Alice over at Mothers Meeting but started speaking to her on Twitter. We appeared to share a love of wine, clothes and saying it how it is as well as both having adorable daughters, something I suppose a lot of women share. But Alice was different, she was my kind of person. I don't have many girlfriends like her. 

We met for the first time at Kaisa's amazing shop launch (go check out Pop the Fashion Store) and since then have been friends. Alice makes me belly laugh and for that she's a keeper. Her blog is just marvellous and in my books she's a MILFY mother and baby guru.

Read all about 'er...

NAME Alice Harold

OCCUPATION Mother of two and sometime Digital Marketing Consultant (mostly in the evenings at the moment)



WHAT DID YOUR LIFE CONSIST OF BEFORE YOU BECAME A MAMA?

I used to work as a Marketing Manager for a magazine in London and was never at home because I was too busy working and playing. Now I only leave the house to go to the park or Tesco – how times change! I do occasionally leave the house for other fun stuff to make sure I have interesting things to write about on my blog, though…

HOW HAS BECOMING A MOTHER MADE YOU A BETTER PERSON?

I feel like I grew about a million more emotions as soon as I became a mother. I’m so much more empathetic to others and a lot less selfish. Plus both of my beautiful children obviously make the world a much better place!

ASIDE FROM CONCEALER, WHAT CANT YOU LIVE WITHOUT NOW YOU HAVE A CHILD?

I really value my downtime with crappy TV programmes: The Real Housewives of The OC/Beverley Hills/NYC, Grey’s Anatomy, Desperate Housewives… I love them. Plus I would be lost without the advice of so many other amazing mums on Twitter. A definite must-have. And most importantly, my husband! Bringing 2 babies into the world together has been a core-shaker but ultimately it has made us stronger.

WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE A FIRST TIME MUM?

DON’T WORRY! I spent so much time worrying about being a mum when in reality 80% of it comes naturally and the other 20% you can Google.

HOW HAS YOUR WARDROBE CHANGED SINCE HAVING A BABY?


I don’t have a need for high heels or sequins any more (though sometimes wear them to the supermarket to mix things up).

CAKE OR BISCUITS?

CAKE! In a total mummy-cliché I quite like to make cakes, they cheer people up. My favourite is my rainbow sponge (v impressive) but really I’m happy with Delia’s victoria sponge.

WHAT OR WHO INSPIRES YOU?

My own mum and mother-in-law. Sorry for all the grief, mum! Mums who hold down hectic jobs outside the home: I struggle working from the room next door to my kitchen. Britney Spears (not really).

DO YOU HAVE ANY SECRETS OR TIPS TO MAKING MOTHERHOOD THAT BIT EASIER?

Be strategically selfish! I think it’s important to take a couple of hours off every week to get your hair done, see a friend on your own or go shopping. I have been away for the night on three separate occasions since my 5 month old was born and I appreciate the children so much more when I get home. It’s like seeing them for the first time.

Two kids AND she manages to get dressed, let alone look beautiful.



Alice is on Twitter and Facebook


4 comments:

  1. Is it wrong of me to love this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is pretty awesome. You are too, mind. I'd boff you both! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Careful, might take you up on that offer. All these hormones! x

      Delete