Be real.

I've always had people telling me they can relate to this blog, whether it's a sweary post about the annoying times a toddler creates, a ranty one about feeling unappreciated by your baby daddy or an open-heart post, where I get all emotional. My blog was always going to be honest, I wear my heart on my sleeve (which is sometimes a problem for others). I do often wonder if I'm too honest at times, I'm not overly private, but there are things I do keep to myself.

I recently found out what my family crest motto is, 'Be real rather than seem'. My father is Scottish and out of curiosity to what our family tartan looks like, I googled our surname. This is how I found the motto I have been living my life by, without even realising. This motto was originally a war cry (sometimes it feels like I'm in the middle of a toy warzone... so it's quite apt!).

Reading other blogs, I'm often surprised at how perfect other people's lives are. Or how perfect they seem. Don't get me wrong, It's lovely to read about happiness and flowers and love, but it's also nice to know I'm not the only one going crazy after a tough week. I'm not the only one who swears, who sometimes feels like walking out. Who googles how long a divorce takes or other ways to battle depression.

What I'm trying to say is... thank you to all of you who read this blog. Thank you for the comments, the kind emails and the lovely tweets. I had a bit of a wobble a few weeks ago and thought about shutting it down but thanks to you lot, I'm going to keep writing about the good and bad times. If only to keep me sane!

Stay real, init xxx

Ps - Don't forget, you can sponsor me to go booze free in January here. Much love.

7 comments:

  1. I read your blog because it's refreshingly real and honest. as a mum of two I really appreciate a non-sugar-coated from fellow mums. sometimes life as a mum is nothing but joy but more than often it's bloody hardwork and seriously frustrating. I love that you reflect that in every post. don't even consider shutting down your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Charlotte, one of the main reasons I love your blog soo much is the honesty behind it. I think at least at one point a day I feel like pulling my hair out because my child isn't listening or there's too much cleaning to do and not enough time. It's soo reassuring that other mums feel this too, I hate the people that try to pretend that motherhood is easy and that life is perfect as I often wonder if they are trying to convince themselves more than me. I don't know if you've seen my post linking to your blog but it pretty much says what I've posted above. I hope that you never decide to shut down your blog as it helps to keep me going.

    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone has shitty days. The 'life is beautiful' blogs just hide them. I much prefer the real blogs. Carry on please lady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. keep at it, Charlotte, don't stop blogging.
    and keep it real too because that's the good thing about blogging, as far as I'm concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aaah man! don't stop! i try to be as real...but can't write as brilliantly (and as funny!) as you do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should never stop, your brilliant at writing and you're honesty is one of the best parts.
    Theres obviously a reason so many people read it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya Charlotte. Totally agree on everything you say. I was so happy when I found your blog - before then I was reading blogs that were way to positive - quite depressing really and I couldn't believe these people were real, portraying a 'perfect life' that I could not relate to simply because its not is it.

    Thank you for carrying on writing if only to keep you sane but not forgetting its also keeping your readers sane too, so thanks for that! :)

    ReplyDelete