One step closer to a gob full of teeth.

Today has been rough.

We got home from our road trip yesterday to discover the heating wasn't working. Hot water, yes. Heating, nada. So I repacked mine and Lil's bags and came to my grandparents. I'm still here.

It's so cosy and warm, it's home. I lived here as a child, as a teenager and as an abandoned 20 something. And now I'm back, this time with a baby. I love spending time with my grandparents but it isn't easy when you feel like shit and the baby is playing up.

I woke up this morning with a cold and after not a lot of sleep I was grumpy. And then we discovered that after a day of peace and quiet (Monday), Lil was teething AGAIN. So cue a lot of screaming, clinging and no naps. All. Day. Long.

I've struggled in the past and found it almost impossible to deal with her teething. But even today with the help of Noo Noo and Grampy, the kid almost broke me.

What they forget to tell you in those baby manuals is that your patience will be tested like you wouldn't believe. It's gonna get so fucking shit that you consider throwing yourself off a bridge. That, at the end of the day and no matter who is around you or what people tell you, you're on your own.

Don't rely on anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment