'Oh isn't he handsome...'

 ...the blind bat behind the desk at the clinic said today. What, cos I dress the kid in stripes and dungarees you automatically think she's a he? OH SORRY I don't dress her in pink. I don't actually like pink and the colour doesn't suit her.

This has happened quite a bit since the midwife decided Lil had to come out of the warm. Look, if you don't know what it is, ask. The mother will be more offended if you get it wrong. It's just plain ignorance not to ask if you're unsure and it fucks me off.

Another thing that REALLY makes me angry, a babies weight being an issue for some people. I admit I call Lil a piggy sometimes but I call myself that too and I won't be calling her it for much longer because I know she's started understanding what I'm saying.

I took her to get weighed today. I'm not going to tell you how much she now weighs because I know some of you will think she's fat/heavy/overweight for her age when she's actually a good weight for six months. Why do people say 'oh the little chubber/porker/fatty' when you tell them how much your baby weighs? Even if they are heavier than the graph says they should be, so what? As long as they aren't morbidly obese, what's the big deal? It makes me so livid to hear people criticising a baby's weight. And then they criticise someone who has an eating disorder. AND THEY WONDER WHY?

People: if you can't say something nice about the kid, keep your mouth shut.

No comments:

Post a Comment