Dr Do-little-except-stare-at-my-tits.

(Sorry, I despise the words breasts, baps and boobs)

Ever have one of those days when you feel like packing yourself off to one of those retreats in Thailand where nobody speaks for a week, all you drink is plant whizzed up in a blender and do yoga non stop for 28 hours? Today was one of those days.

It started off with a trip to the doctors to get a few issues sorted out. My body is being a nightmare and doesn't seem to want to play the game so I was hoping the doctor would be able to give me some pills for it. He did, after he spent twenty minutes eyeing up my chest. 'I need to listen to your chest. Now at the back. I need you to lift your dress up.' Course you do, mate. Get a good look at my arse did you? I traipsed out of there none the wiser, clutching a handful of prescriptions.

Lil was dispatched off to Mothers for a few hours so shit could get sorted. I went to pick up the drugs and get my unruly eyebrows threaded where I was met with an extremely friendly lady who told me I was wearing a nice dress, we look about the same size but I have a nicer chest and then continued to rip my eyebrows off (?). I necked a jug of coffee in the hope it would wake me up (because having my eyebrows ripped off didn't work) but nothing.

My husband broke my favourite vintage bag after making a MASSIVE mistake and lunging at my arse with his hand. Not a wise move. He now owes me a new handbag.

Not a lot of shit got sorted, I was too busy re-disinfecting the kitchen (an obsession) and throwing biscuits at the dog to do much else and then it was time for Lil to return.

The poor cow has a cold and is teething quite badly again and this afternoon she decided that she'd had enough so refused all food and drink and just screamed.

By this point I was ready to drop from exhaustion. Although I hadn't done a lot, my body was telling me to stop. So after the ironing was done, I listened. Now I'm in bed. Lil is asleep next to me in her cot. I'm tired.

Off to dream of that retreat in Thailand where nobody speaks for a week, all you drink is plant whizzed up in a blender and do yoga non stop for 28 hours.

Night.

1 comment:

  1. You do ironing?! Well that's clearly one thing that has to go! I couldbt be bothered even if I had the time!

    But seriously, I experienced this 6 month lull period, where all you want to do is sleep all day and see no-one. I felt pretty down and god awful most of the time. Your body is changing and pregnancy hormones are leaving your body and it all goes a bit wobbly for a while. Also the adrenaline of having a new born starts to sort of wear off I think! Plus the babies are becoming so much more active and require so much more attention it's just Jso draining at this stage. But it will get better, even with more teething around the corner and after a month of ill that we've just had it doesn't feel as bad as it did at 6 months. Proms.

    This is in no way self promoting, but here's the post I wrote about it to see if you relate http://abigailandthefuture.blogspot.com/2011/08/tough-week.html

    Hope it gets better soon lovey! And go handbag shopping and get a massage, that should help!

    ReplyDelete